Fees / Policies / Procedures
Wreck-Less Driving Academy Policies and Procedures 2024-1
By signing the student registration form, you are agreeing to ALL the policies and procedures below:
- email@example.com 763-262-2277 www.wreck-lessdriving.com
- Mailing Address: 13221 Johnson Street SE Becker, MN 55308
- To reach us regarding a drive within the next 24 hours you may TEXT: 763-567-2727
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list, we schedule appointments and communicate via email.
OFFICE AND PICK UP LOCATIONS
- Becker Office/Classroom: 14030 Bank Street Becker, MN 55308 (next to Anytime Fitness)
- Becker drives picked at office or Becker High School door 1 (based on drive day and time)
- Monticello Satellite Office: 133 Sandburg Rd -in the Fitness Evolution building, behind Cornerstone Auto
- Monticello drives picked up at satellite office or Monticello High School door 1 (based on drive day and time)
- Big Lake High School: drives will pick up and drop off at main entrance drop off lane in front of office -501 Minnesota Ave, Big Lake.
- Spectrum/ Elk River Spectrum High School main entrance -17796 Industrial Cir NW, Elk River
- Princeton drives will pick up and drop off at Princeton HS door 15 -706 1st St, Princeton
- All required hours and fees must be paid in full prior to issuance of “Blue” or “White” completion cards.
- Full Program: 30 hours classroom instruction and 6 hours behind-the-wheel instruction $425
- $425 Payable to Wreck-Less Driving academy when registering for Becker, Spectrum or Virtual classes.
- Special request payment plan option available contact email@example.com $175 - to be paid on or before the first day of class, $250- to be paid at or before first behind the wheel session.
- Community Education: $425 when registering through Monticello CE or Big Lake CE
- Behind the Wheel Only: 6-hour package $390 this option does not include classroom training for permit testing.
- Students under 18 who register for BTW only, must provide proof of classroom completion before they will be issued a blue card. Classroom documentation is also required if the student transfers in from another driving school for BTW.
- Optional BTW Payment Plan: $200 to be paid at registration and $200 to be paid on or before 2nd BTW total $400.
- Behind-the-Wheel supplementary drives: $70/hour, 2-hour minimum (available to students over 18 or for additional drives after 6 hours)
- Non-Sufficient Funds (returned check) Fee: $40
- Behind-the-Wheel No Show Fee: $75 (must be paid before scheduling next drive)
- Student fails to be at pick up location at appointment time.
- Failure to give 24-hour cancellation notice. For illness/emergency please email or use our text line 763-567-2727 ASAP.
- Failure to produce a valid Minnesota Instruction Permit at the time training is to take place.
- Students shall not drive in flip flop or open toed sandals,
- Wreck-Less Driving Academy does not offer ANY refunds once a payment has been issued. If Behind the Wheel has been paid for in full, the student has 3 drives (6 hours) paid for in their account that they must use within 2 years. All contracts and fees expire 2 years from the date of registration.
- Classroom instruction consists of ten (10) three-hour sessions (30 hours). NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED IN CLASS
- If you miss a class, you will be responsible for attending a make-up class. Wreck-Less does not guarantee an extra make-up class for each class session, and the student may have to attend a future class. They may attend a make-up class at any Wreck-Less location. You will not be issued a blue completion card until all 30 hours are completed, no exceptions. Email our office for options.
- The classroom instructor will contact the parent/guardian in case of classroom disruption. After the initial warning, the instructor has the right to ask a student to leave, and the student will not be able to finish the classroom session, with no refund.
- Behind-the-Wheel (BTW) training consists of three (3) two-hour sessions and can be based on the following:
- Completion of 30 hours of classroom instruction and student has tested and obtained their permit through the DMV.
- The student has had 2-6 months of practice (w/parent or other, as outlined in the permit regulations)
- Drives will begin and end at your respective high school or at our classroom/office. (Based on day and time of drive)
- Students will not be allowed to drive in open toe shoes/flip flops.
- Email our office to make your drive appointments; firstname.lastname@example.org ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE MADE VIA EMAIL
- We will contact you regarding any weather-related appointment changes. Experience in different weather conditions with an instructor is a valuable opportunity for our students. The instructor will make a decision based on your safety if weather conditions arise.
- Do not wait until it is time for your road test to schedule your BTW sessions. We recommend that you spread your drives out over a 4-7-month period, based on the time you have your permit and when you are eligible to take the road test. The final drive should be shortly before your anticipated test date, spread out the first two so all the drives are evenly spaced. We cannot guarantee to get 3 drives scheduled for you if you begin to schedule less than 4 months before your test.
- Consider your drive appointments a priority. As with other important appointments, drives may be scheduled during school hours. Plan ahead and know that we cannot guarantee to work around all sports and school schedules. If a drive is scheduled during school hours, a parent must confirm the appointment with our office and contact the school ahead of time, a drive appointment may be an unexcused absence.
- Behind-the-Wheel Standard Operating Procedure is for one student and one instructor to be in the training vehicle during BTW instruction. Exceptions for: Instructor evaluation or parental request (not student request)
- NOTE: We do not make reminder calls for Behind the Wheel drives. 2024-1